Why not Prescription Sunglasses for windsurfing?

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk_69@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Oct 18 1999 - 11:38:09 PDT

Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 11:38:09 -0700
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk_69@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Why not Prescription Sunglasses for windsurfing?

Wouldn't a pair of prescription sunglases with Polaroid lenses be much
better?
That is what i use for windsurfing. Don't you use some sort of eye
protection for the UV anyway?

about the complainers....I use my delete key to delete their comments.
Figure they might get the idea eventually and learn to delete posts they
don't find relevant to windsurfing.

John Morris wrote:

> > no disrespect, but I would also appreciate this discussion taken
> > elsewhere.
>
> Ed,
>
> I would like to thank you for the information on LASIK. Even though it
> may seem off-topic to some people, it is both timely and directly
> related to windsurfing for me.
>
> I currently wear contacts lenses. Contacts are fine for most activities,
> but they are very frustrating for windsurfing. I probably lose a contact
> lense every other session or so. My solution so far has been to switch
> to cheap, daily disposable lenses that I can afford to lose. Once I lose
> them I "make do" with poor vision until I get back to shore. So far, I
> haven't run into anybody.
>
> I was thinking of LASIK as solution to my windsurfing contact lense
> problem. I need to decide whether to set money aside in a medical
> reimbursemnt account for having surgery next year.
>
> I've been going back and forth on the decision. At first, I was all for
> it. Since then, I've been wavering and will probably hold off on having
> LASIK. The website you mentioned reinforces my concerns.
>
> Again, thank you for your post.
>
> - John Morris

Kirk out

--