What's a billion among friends?

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk_69@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Oct 15 1999 - 09:14:27 PDT

Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 09:14:27 -0700
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk_69@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis, chronletters@sfgate.com-DeleteThis, letters@sjmercury.com-DeleteThis, mccabem@sfgate.com-DeleteThis
Subject: What's a billion among friends?

"They" say they are a few billion short of being able to afford bringing
BART to San Jose.
Well, they should use the $3B proposed for the floating runway to reduce
flight delays at SFO to extend BART to the San Jose Airport. Then if there
are fog induced flight delays at SFO, just divert to San Jose and take BART
back to SFO. Perhaps we can expand San Jose's airport to handle future air
traffic without destroying our Bay?

THEN expand BART to Coyote Valley South of San Jose and put a new airport
there where the new jobs and housing will go. Perhaps build another airport
in Stockton, Tracy or near Antioch where we can also have BART service so
people can get to the airports easily from their homes. We just have too
many people in the Bay Area now so moving things like Airport capacity
outside the SF Bay proper makes so much more sense for the long term.

Thanks
Kirk Lindstrom

--
best regards