Yup, Maui works in October

From: Kim Johnson (KimJ@Fonecam.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Oct 11 1999 - 14:34:31 PDT

From: Kim Johnson <KimJ@Fonecam.com-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Yup, Maui works in October
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 14:34:31 -0700

Just got back. Sailed 5 of 6 days at Kanaha and Keihi on 4.2 and 5.0.
Surf came up in Kihei, which was unusual they say and not much was
working on the North Shore, except the last day.

Rented gear from Extreme Sports Maui, liked them and the stuff. (They
let you switcheroo into mountain bikes, surfboards etc. as you wish, and
have a no-charge policy if you return your gear by 11am.)

And though most of you pro-types from the Bay Area don't need 'em, I
took jibe lessons from Action Sports Maui guys and was real impressed!
My teacher was an extremely charming and absolutely NOT burned - out or
self-absorbed hunk of a German from Lake Gaarda, (woof). Jibing pedagogy
has improved from the lessons I got a couple of boyfriends ago ('bend
your knees, push the rail down" *&^%$)

Other notes; Maalea condos are great for sailors, cheap,
($100-$120/nite), not too commercialized and really handy for Kihei AND
Kanaha. We stayed in Wailea for a few days and that is a bit of a drive
to the North Shore. The only warning about Maalea, wind blows there all
the damn time. Non-sailors are gonna be really mad at you for subjecting
them to wind and cold 24 hours a day.
More minor tips, A Pacific Cafe seems overpriced and a bit
self-impressed. Go instead to Waterfront Cafe in Maalea and ask for the
2 for one dinner special. Other tips for your stomach/wallet;
Alexander's Fish and Chips, Kihei.

Kim Johnson
FoneCam
Tel: 619-625-0300 x. 16 Note! NEW Fax: 619-625-0030