Coyote sesh! and Important meeting for windsurfers this Saturday!

From: George Haye (geohaye@hotmail.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Sep 22 1999 - 20:44:40 PDT

From: "George Haye" <geohaye@hotmail.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Coyote sesh! and Important meeting for windsurfers this Saturday!
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 20:44:40 PDT

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:
Who said the season's over? The past two days at Coyote have been great 5.5
conditions. Especially last night as the the wind just would not stop!
Several sailors couldn't get enough and were still on the water at
6:40. The CP gates now lock at 7pm. Those smiling tired WS faces I
spoke with post sesh were very high. Several were originally at 3rd and
didn't have 7.0s. See you at CP when Hurricane Hilary leaves us.

-Shawn 190#/Ezzy

MY MESSAGE:
THE MAN ON THE BEACH is calling for another month of wind.

Shawn's right - Coyote has been off the charts. Yesterday (Tuesday) was a
true barnstormer. Sweet conditions 100% filled in all the way to ASD beach.
A lot of guys were on 5.0s, and they were powered!

On a hunch, I visited Third Avenue after, and the word there was that the
conditions were OK, but evidently not nearly the kind of day that was had at
Coyote. Indeed, Call of the Wind was reporting about 8 knots more at Coyote.
23 at Coyote, 14 at Third when I checked.

This happens. Sometimes Coyote is much better, sometimes Third Avenue is
much better. They both have incredible days. We all have our favorite spots,
but we need both spots. One thing that really struck me at the end of the
session -- as I sat there, completely stoked, admiring the red sails in the
sunset:
COYOTE IS DEFINITELY WORTH SAVING!!

**WINDSURFERS CONCERNED ABOUT SFO'S EXPANSION ARE MEETING THIS
SATURDAY 9/25/1999 at 10AM at Coyote Point. THIS IS THE CORE MEETING - THIS
IS WHERE WE GET ORGANIZED. Anyone interested in working to protect our
Peninsula spots is encouraged to attend.

--> We'll meet in the large gravel rigging area at the far West end of the
Coyote Point lot, closest to ASD Windsurfing. If you don't want to pay to
park at Coyote, you can park near ASD and walk the short walk down the path.
SEE YOU THERE!

--> If you cannot attend, but still want to join the Committee of
windsurfers working on the issue, send an e-mail to Richard Zimmerman
<wndrider@hooked.net-DeleteThis>

--> Richard's website: http://www.hooked.net/~wndrider/sfia/sfia.html

Mahalo,
-George