Skate board sailing at BM

From: David Olson (dnolson@hotmail.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Aug 27 1999 - 14:59:10 PDT

From: "David Olson" <dnolson@hotmail.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Skate board sailing at BM
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 14:59:10 PDT

Hi Karina & Pierre,

I will also be Skate board sailing at Burning Man. I have one of Jean
Rathle's "Street Sailboard" models with mountain bike type knobby tires
(about 10" in diameter) and a good size deck. It works very well on the
Playa. I rented one of his boards last year for BM and "just had" to buy
one afterwards.

I will be located with the Mt. Olympus Crew located at about 9:00 between
earth and mars. We share the camp site with Boom Town. My friends and I
will be driving an RV, and will arrive on Tues. evening. My RV will be
parked right next to the Mt. Olympus tent/dome along with a couple of
others. The Mt. Olympus crew have some really fun parties set up, so you
guys should come by to check it out. In particular, friday is a big party &
dance bash.

Pierre, talk to Jean about renting one of his boards, if any are available.
I know he ran out last year.

Here is his (Jean Rathle) site and e-mail info:
http://www.slip.net/~jrathle/
e-mail: streetsailing@slip.net-DeleteThis or jrathle@slip.net-DeleteThis

I look forward to surfing the desert again. I had a blast last year.
I hope to see you guys on the Playa.

Ciao'
David