RE: Maui Rentals

From: SHUGART,STEVE (HP-Roseville,ex1) (steve_shugart@am.exch.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Aug 10 1999 - 14:48:02 PDT

From: "SHUGART,STEVE (HP-Roseville,ex1)" <steve_shugart@am.exch.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: Maui Rentals
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 15:48:02 -0600

I've been hitting Maui for about 3 times a year for the past 4 years.
I've tried them all. I always try to negotiate for a third sail for more
wind range. I usually compromise on a little bigger board, unless its
really windy. I have found all the rental places to be fairly friendly.
Renting is a great way to demo gear and trash someone else's equipment. Buy
insurance if they offer it, especially if your gonna go wild in the reef
zone or try all those Voodoo maneuvers, that you don't want to try with big
whitey around.

HISS gave me excellent service last time. I still like the JP255 the best,
but the Naish was good too.

I haven't rented from Maui Sails, I think they carry JP too.

Be there again in Oct..........Steve