RE: Sunspot

From: Jeff Milum (jmilum@saba.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 10:16:42 PDT

From: Jeff Milum <jmilum@saba.com-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: Sunspot
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 10:16:42 -0700

I think that the Ocean water temp would be better. Also accumulated rain
fall for the winter.

Seems to me the "good old days" of lots of wind were also accompanied by a
lot drier winters.

Going past the 4-5 years ago, I think that in the summer of 91 (I believe)
we had even more gloom (seemed like Crissy was fogged in for about 5 weeks
straight), and Rio was the only place blowing. I was living in the East bay
in the summer of 85 and was sailing Rio 4 or 5 days a week as well. I'm not
so sure that this weather pattern is that unusual.