Re: Weather Cycles "at least I'm enjoying the ride"

From: zeev_gur@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 17:33:08 PDT

From: zeev_gur@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Weather Cycles "at least I'm enjoying the ride"
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Cc: joani.g.gur@ac.com-DeleteThis, eeiseman@worldnet.att.net-DeleteThis, DLow@sierradesigns.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 00:33:08 GMT

Hey folks - we need to step back and keep things in prespective.

Yes, we have not had the kind/predictable/steady winds that we are all used
Yes, you have to drive a bit more now to sail
Yes, you may have chosen to get bigger gear so that you can increase
sailing days (and amount of beer consumed).

But.......
In most of the country/world (except for Maui/Gorge/Here), people are lucky
to sail 20 days/year.
A 6.0 day for most people is considered "awesome"
Most people can't sail before work - dawn patrols
Most people can't sneak out of work at 3 to sail for 4 hours
Most of the country only sails on frontal winds, gusty, shifty and
frequently very chilly
Most people have to drive a lot more then 30min to 1 hour to sail
Most people don't have 5-10 local shops w/the latest and greatest gear
Most regions don't have our veriety of sailing to choose from (waves, bay,
delta)

The glass is not only half full, it runeth over. The bay area rocks. We
get tons of kick ass wind. We have a great community of pretty hard core
sailors. You may have to drive a few more miles to sail - it's there if
you want it. Rio has been on for the last few days. You need a fix? get
in your car and drive. The weather will probably, at some point, return to
"normal". In the meantime, enjoy the ride cause it sure is sweet

Later, Zeev.

PS - Sherman was rockin' last night. I was on 4.8/8'8" enduro (207#) at
the sign. Perfect power from 4-8:30. Nice ramps towards end of the
session. Lots of big air w/the local bros huckin' it big: many forwards,
one push loop, a few volcuns, tabletops. Looks like it's blowing all day
today as well.

Jerry Gardner <jernmar@flash.net-DeleteThis>@opus.hpl.hp.com on 07/28/99 05:17:48 PM

Please respond to wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

Sent by: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis