Coyote Update -

From: Eyes4Hire@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue Jun 15 1999 - 09:14:14 PDT

From: Eyes4Hire@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 12:14:14 EDT
Subject: Coyote Update -
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

The Burlingame Planning Commission voted 7-0 to deny the 301 Airpport
Boulevard development upwind from Coyote and made no action to certify the
EIR after a numbver of Commissioners expressed concern over whether or not
the EIR was accurate/sufficient relative to wind impacts. We have come a long
way in the nine months or so since this started and we now have a Planning
Commission that really understands what a critical resource Coyote Point is.

The Commissioners expressed concern over the EIR they had previously voted to
find sufficient. They asked the City Attorney about revisiting the EIR but
ultimately decided not to take action on the EIR because they were voting to
deny the project without prejudice. The denial means the developer can come
back, but the commissioners made it clear they only wanted to see a seriously
reduced project. Two commissioners said a new plan should be wind tunnel
tested. One commissioner suggested no buildings over three stories on the
east side of the property. Another said buildings need to be rotated. The
developer basically needs to do a full redesign to come back. That in turn
should trigger a whole new EIR which will hopefully be done right.

Now we wait to see if the developer will appeal to the City Council. If he
does, I think he has a tough sell as the vote was a unanimous 7-0 and their
was grewat turnout from both the windsurfing community and the local
community that would get hit with traffic impacts.

I will follow up with specifics on what the Commissioners had to say.

Peter