RE: flat water sailing?

From: Stephen Hiley (SHiley@WSGC.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon May 17 1999 - 10:24:04 PDT

From: Stephen Hiley <SHiley@WSGC.com-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: flat water sailing?
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 10:24:04 -0700

I found my way to Flying Tigers Sunday afternoon. Hit the tide just right
at 2PM with the wind building. Rigged 5.3 on my 278 Screamer which felt
just about right. Lots-o-wind funneling though there! Started with stock
pointer fin -- found myself planing really high, so switched down to smaller
Convert fin, which provided better control. Had a good time with plenty of
speed (too much!?!) for those jibes. Appreciated the lack of crowds too.

I drove by Genentech and Oyster Pt. following the session. Oyster IS the
nicest launch around. I hope to sail there after work some night this week.

Thanks to all for your suggestions!