RE: board repair

From: Stephen Hiley (SHiley@WSGC.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri May 14 1999 - 10:28:38 PDT

From: Stephen Hiley <SHiley@WSGC.com-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: board repair
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 10:28:38 -0700

I had the same thing happen on my 98 Screamer. Even though it was still
under warrantee, Mistral would not cover it or even return my calls. Flat
land or whatever, I was a little peaved with them and the dealer (Cityfront)
in not helping out at all. Needless to say, I don't plan to buy Mistral
again after that experience. My board's crease doesn't go the whole width of
the board (more like 1/3 the width from the rail), so I may sail it some
more. But I do think the board is now structurally weakened ... living on
borrowed time.