Berkeley Manners

From: David R. Fielder (dfielder@cooper.cpmc.org-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon May 03 1999 - 17:02:20 PDT

Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 17:02:20 -0700
To: wind_talk@jr.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
From: "David R. Fielder" <dfielder@cooper.cpmc.org-DeleteThis>
Subject: Berkeley Manners

After I read Peter's and Booker's posts, I'd have to agree that it seemed
both crowded and a bit more aggressive than usual in front of His Lords
Sunday (both from my vantage point on the rocks where I could watch the
acrobatics, and once or twice actually trying to join the crowd - usually a
mistake for me). I didn't notice such behavior on Saturday, perhaps
because the hotshots were elsewhere? It can get very challenging when you
are in a situation as Peter describes, with really nowhere to go. I guess
I'll continue to stay a bit downwind and/or jibe further out so fewer
worries/distractions (I've got enough problems sailing as it is). One of
my worries is crashing and being in the next person's way. I did notice
two guys just resting in the water and talking with their gear right in the
jibe zone. That seemed a bit problematic as well.
"Rig for the Moment" DRF's Statistics:
  USWA Member #US212 185 lbs/6'6"
  Berkeley-His Lordships Bic Veloce 278 XLS
  Marina Bay & Wherever Windwings 7.5/6.7/5.8/4.9