Airport expansion

From: Leo_Bragagnolo@sfport.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu Dec 31 1998 - 09:57:20 PST

From: Leo_Bragagnolo@sfport.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@jr.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 09:57:20 -0800
Subject: Airport expansion

We should be talking to the San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development
Commission (BCDC) about SFO's expansion plans is. Any construction along
the waterfront of the Bay has to receive a permit from BCDC, and they are
especially concerned about additional bay fill. Even if we can't stop the
airport expansion, BCDC could put conditions on the permit to improve an
existing windsurfing site or even establish a new one. The windsurfing
community definitely needs to establish a relationship with BCDC, if we
haven't already. They could be a powerful ally for us. I've posted their
address below, but would caution anyone contacting them to be constructive
in your comments and not appear hostile or adversarial.

Leo Bragagnolo
Senior Civil Engineer
Port of San Francisco

Will Travis, Executive Director
Steven McAdam, Deputy Director
San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission
30 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 2011
San Francisco, CA 94102-6080