Friday at the coast - should have gone to scott's

From: Alain Dumesny (adumesny@usa.net-DeleteThis)
Date: Sun Nov 01 1998 - 10:09:50 PST

Date: Sun, 01 Nov 1998 10:09:50 -0800
From: Alain Dumesny <adumesny@usa.net-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Friday at the coast - should have gone to scott's

Hoping for a repeat of thursday, I got to davenport around 2 only
to find one other guy checking the conditions out. Sets were
pretty big (logo to masts) and holey. Nasty shore break and light
on the inside. Somewhat of a channel to get out.

After talking to gary for a while about sails and seeing other people
come and go, I finally decided to try it out. Had to try my new ezzy
sail
again. There was a fairly large dead time between the large sets, but no
wind on the inside (ha dot swim out quite a bit) so you definitely had
time it right... sailed alone for 1/2 hour on the outside, until the
wind died a bit at which time I choose to come in. The other guys
decided not to go out after all.. again, timed it just right to slog in
right after the last large wave of a set and made it fine. 5 minutes
later
I would had a 3 piece mast :-)

I then drove to scott to check the conditions (around 4pm), which looked
much better. filled in and nice fairly clean sets - mast high at times.
less than a dozen out, couple people watching. Should have gone to
scott....

Alain Dumesny           |\		Platinum Technology inc.
adumesny@usa.net-DeleteThis        | \		Cosmo Lab - VRML architect
                        |  o   ---
                     -=========-   ....shredding San Francisco....