Re: COYOTE ALERT

From: Alain Dumesny (adumesny@usa.net-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Oct 22 1998 - 12:25:55 PDT

Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 12:25:55 -0700
From: Alain Dumesny <adumesny@usa.net-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: COYOTE ALERT

That does sound pretty scary - ASD could really be impacted from
this - they must be involved.

I missed this original message cause it came up empty. Weird !
This was the 3rd message like this. Hope my mailer isn't dropping
stuff....

Dan Farmer wrote:

> So I just got back from a brief trip and found the COYOTE ALERT message (below), but no follow-up. Is this something that no one is worried about or has it been dealt with off-line? Or did I somehow miss the flurry of messages that this real threat has generated? A rule of thumb that I'm familiar with states that an object's wind shadow is quite significant for a distance three times the object's width or height, whichever is smaller. This would imply that big buildings at the old drive-in would make the slog at Coyote worse; possibly much worse.
>
> Stunned by the silence-
> -df
>
> At 06:37 PM 10/20/98 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >Subject: COYOTE ALERT
> >Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 11:30:58 PDT
> >
> >Hello Randy and Jay,
> >Yesterday (OCT 19), I spoke to John Miller at ASD. He told me about the
> >lawsuit from 8-10 years ago which he thought limited future buildings at
> >the Burlingame Drive-In site (directly upwind from Coyote Point) to 2 or
> >3 stories.
> >Today (Oct 20), I spoke to Maureen at the Burlingame Planning Dept (650)
> >696-7250, who told me that 5 buildings (A SEVEN STORY and THREE FIVE
> >STORY buildings) are planned for the site to be developed ASAP. The EIR
> >has been out for a while, and only 5 business days (!!) remain to submit
> >public comments.
> >--> Is this something to post info about on the local windsurfing e-mail
> >group? (I don't even know how that works. Karina O'Conner suggested
> >that. Also she suggested that she would include info about this in the
> >newsletter that she's working on now AND an ALERT on the webpage, if
> >this situation is not resolved.)
> >--> Do you guys already know about this? Or is it D-Day? I will submit
> >public comments if necessary. I want to help. This development would
> >destroy Coyote Point on 90% of the days at least. 3rd Avenue would be
> >absolutely impacted (200 more sailors at 3rd Ave? Hmm.)
> >--> PUBLIC HEARINGS would be in November, December, maybe January.
> >
> >Peter Liu did not know anything about this.
> >
> >With only 5 days left, I'll submit my own public comments, but I think
> >info on the easement and info from the lawsuit, and comments from many
> >other windsurfers would help.
> >
> >Thanks guys,
> >-George Haye
> >(650) 577-1834

> Dan Farmer danf@juniper.net-DeleteThis
> Mechanical Design Engineer voice: 650-526-8007
> Juniper Networks fax: 650-526-8001
> 385 Ravendale Drive
> Mtn. View, CA 94043

Alain Dumesny           |\		Platinum Technology inc.
adumesny@usa.net-DeleteThis        | \		Cosmo Lab - VRML architect
                        |  o   ---
                     -=========-   ....shredding San Francisco....