Fri/Sat/Sun Coyote Pt.

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Aug 24 1998 - 13:47:51 PDT

Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 13:47:51 -0700
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Fri/Sat/Sun Coyote Pt.

Hmmm. Best 3 days in a row of the season for me.

Fri and Sat I sailed Coyote on 5.5 F2 285 for the first hr then switched
to even
faster sinker ASD RKT for another hour. I had a great time on both
days.

Sunday I sailed 6.5/9'6" for 45min then down to my 285 for the 2nd 45
min (I
had a dinner date so I didn't stay on the water after 5PM though it
looked
good enough when I left)

Kirk (228#) out

> I don't know if the COTW sensor is where the windtalker is, or if they are
> the same, but the windtalker was on the bluff above Waddell, and you
> definetely
> wanted 20+ up there to have decent wind on the beach. Didn't make the
> coast this weekend, but was nicely powered on 5.5 at Sterling Suites
> Saturday, and was treated to a full plane back to the launch; a first for
> the season! Sunday was a skunk day, despite good COTW forecasts, although
> it appeared that COTW may have been out; the sfo atis was reporting 290 at
> 17knots at 5:00pm.

    "There is more to life than increasing its speed." - Gandhi
| Kirk Lindstrom - CSSD Product R&D | Hewlett-Packard Co. M/S: 90UA |
| Engineer/Scientist, Hardware | Communication Semiconductor |

| kirk_lindstrom@sj.hp.com-DeleteThis | |
| Kirk Lindstrom / HP0100/UX | 370 W. Trimble Rd. |
| ph 408 435 6404 | fax 408 435 6286 | San Jose, CA 95131-1096 |