Parking at 3rd, last time

From: Jay Runge (jrunge@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Aug 11 1998 - 13:10:39 PDT

From: Jay Runge <jrunge@netcom.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Parking at 3rd, last time
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 13:10:39 -0700 (PDT)

The parking rules have become clear. This is a reprint for those
who missed it last time.

. Old Launch
..
. Parallel park by the dirt, south of the No Vehicles signs.
. Park perpendicular along the bushes west toward the stop light.
..
. Never park in the lots across the street.
. Never park on the bay side of the No Vehicles signs.
. Never put your gear on the grass across the street.
..
. New Launch
..
. Park in spaces in the main lot.
. Park perpendicular on the south side of the driving range.
. Park along the west side of the dirt access road.
. Park in the spaces on either side of the new access road.
. Unload gear in the circle, but don't wander too far from your car.
..
. Don't park in the circle near the rigging area (unload only).
. Never park by the big gate at the south end of the lot.
. Never park along the fence across from the driving range south side.
. Never park in the dirt by the stop sign at the south end of the old
. access road.
..
. Since parking is so tight, please don't rig sails in the parking lot.
..

Note:
The old launch is restored. We still could lose it with irresponsible
    behavior. Stay on the north side of the street.
The fire marshall is very big on keeping the unload circle clear of
    parked cars.
The golf course guys took down the No Parking signs along the side of
    driving range. They said they would move the piles of stuff.

What to do when 200 cars are trying to park in 125 (or so) spaces? I
have no idea. I hope that my meeting days are over, at least for a
while.

Jay