Re: Piedro Blanca

From: Rick Campbell (rjcam@home.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Jul 28 1998 - 20:10:26 PDT

Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 20:10:26 -0700
From: Rick Campbell <rjcam@home.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Piedro Blanca

Serge,

I've been there several times and love it. You can sail waves, or go
further out and sail the swells.

I've been there mostly in the spring, but boy, has it been looking good
lately. Whew!!! When I was there this spring, Arroya was 3 or 4 mph
more than the sensor at Piedras read. It has to be nukin.

If there is a swell coming in (in the summer it's usually small), there
is a shore break. You have to wait for a lull in the sets, and then go
for it, get on the back of your board, and pop over the whitewater.
Also, the wind can be lighter where the waves break and can leave you
right where you don't want to be when a set comes in (shouldn't be a
problem the way the sensor has been reading).

If your friend can sail in 4.0 nukin conditions, then she should be OK,
but it sounds like it might be a little early for her. In these
conditions, it's not a beginner place.

If someone sails it this weekend, how about a report?

Rick