Re: Ed's Response on Jibing and Sailing Sites (long confessional)

From: Tim Roberts (robertst@slip.net-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Jul 20 1998 - 23:03:03 PDT

Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 23:03:03 -0700
From: Tim Roberts <robertst@slip.net-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Ed's Response on Jibing and Sailing Sites (long confessional)

to be quite honest I sailed 3rd, Crissy, Waddel and Pistol before I
could really jibe. I never had to be rescued. I pushed myself, but
watched my ass. Being able to water start really really really well is
the most important thing in any of those situations. (Waddell and
Pistol aside maybe - I took some lumps there). But hey, what doesn't
kill us makes us stronger.

Go to 3rd - it is a great place to learn how to jibe. Watch the tide.
Make sure you can waterstart and sail upwind. Sail with friends.