RE: swim faster than paddle

From: Jonathan Ross (jonathanr@MySoftware.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri May 08 1998 - 10:45:25 PDT

From: Jonathan Ross <jonathanr@MySoftware.com-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: swim faster than paddle
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 10:45:25 -0700

I can tell you, after having lived on the south coast of the UK for 4
years, that it's a hell of a lot colder than here!
Another factor is the air temperature - air temp here is much higher so
if you're on your board paddling you are a lot warmer overall.
I think someone posted advice about keeping some of those hand paddles
with you in a survival pack - great idea to speed you on your way back
to the shore.
Jon