RE: Carlos' wetsuit

From: Darin WACS (Darin_WACS@city.palo-alto.ca.us-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Apr 14 1998 - 13:22:00 PDT

Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 13:22:00 -0700
Sender: Darin_WACS@city.palo-alto.ca.us-DeleteThis (Darin WACS)
Subject: RE: Carlos' wetsuit
From: Darin_WACS@city.palo-alto.ca.us-DeleteThis (Darin WACS)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

This is my first time ever responding to a mail-list of any kind,
infact it took an embarassingly long time to (in a manner that worked)
get on the wind talk list.
Now that I've got that off my chest I can go on.............
With regard to the Carlos wetsuit post, I have to say that even in a
no-danger situation (like Shoreline, where, on last saturday I was
flying around at 'my idea of' warp speed) after afew hours I was
freezing uncontrollably and miserable and unable to get warm no matter
what. I'm thinking of getting a 4.3 wetsuit and a hood, as a
windsurfer (female) who learned at the end of last summer I'm not too
concerned about hypothermia because when I've gone out in the bay I'm
hugely cautious about how far off shore I venture, but freezing uses
(and wastes) alot of energy.
I'm wondering if women in general get colder then men, or if its just me.
Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions as to how to stay warmer I would
appreciate it, and I was also curios about the shirts that go under the
wetsuits incase I have trouble finding a heavier wetsuit that fits me.
Thanks, Darin