Re: A day in the life of a windsurfer - survival story

From: Tim Roberts (robertst@slip.net-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Apr 09 1998 - 17:50:56 PDT

Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 17:50:56 -0700
From: Tim Roberts <robertst@slip.net-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: A day in the life of a windsurfer - survival story

Wave sailing or b&J, the idea of trying my board to me sounds cumbersome
and dangerous. Like I need more equipment to get wrapped up in when I
crash! I guarantee a sailor would be getting constantly tangled in the
leash. A line to the nose of the board makes sense to me, but I would
not recommend people trying to strap themselves to their board. And
imagine catching that line on something while you were sailing along.
Getting your leash yanked at planning speeds could be quite painful.

tim