Re: Big Guy Board

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Mar 31 1998 - 11:26:08 PST

Sender: kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 11:26:08 -0800
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Big Guy Board

Interesting inputs. Alot depends on skill, speed, etc. My level is
sometimes I make most my jibes at Coyote or Third, sometimes I miss most
AND I am working on jumps.

I have the original F2 285 and find it is too big for a 5.5 unless
conditions are "just right". Coyote works well enough and is blazingly
fast, but at 3rd and Powerlines I find the footstraps to be too slalom
oriented and want them to have more of a wave set-up (not so much on the
rails). I have just added a strap in the center position (between and
forward of the two rear straps) to see if this will help, but I think
this is really for going upwind, but it was worth a try.

I too put my mast further forward than others. This makes sense since
we have more weight on the other side of the board.

It might make sense to learn to use a chest harness rather than a seat
harness too for sailing waves and third ebb tide. the seat harness is
great for speed at Coyote.

--

"There is more to life than increasing its speed." - Gandhi +----------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Kirk Lindstrom - CSSD Product R&D | Hewlett-Packard Co. M/S: 90UA | | Engineer/Scientist, Hardware | Communication Semiconductor | |------------------------------------| Solutions Division | | kirk_lindstrom@sj.hp.com-DeleteThis | | | Kirk Lindstrom / HP0100/UX | 370 W. Trimble Rd. | | ph 408 435 6404 | fax 408 435 6286 | San Jose, CA 95131-1096 | +----------------------------------------------------------------------+