Re: for sale

From: Booker Bense (bbense@networking.stanford.edu-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Mar 17 1998 - 13:28:33 PST

Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 13:28:33 -0800 (PST)
From: Booker Bense <bbense@networking.stanford.edu-DeleteThis>
To: Multiple recipients of list <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: for sale

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998 justin@infoscape.com-DeleteThis wrote:

> This is a great medium to light wind board. When I got it, I
> considered this one of the best boards I've ever ridden. But I then
> got into racing, and thus there is too much overlap between conditions
> that would warrant sailing my mutant and my race board. So I didn't
> use it too much.
>
> If I didn't race, this is the ideal board. It will take up to a 6.5 or
> 6.8 comfortably. I can uphaul it without too much difficulty. It jumps
> and jibes really well.
>
> Could anybody else comment on the performance of the Mutants?

- Well, I only sailed on for an afternoon last summer, but
I really liked it. Like every ASD board I've tried it's
blazingly fast, but this one is a blast to jibe ( unlike
most of the other ASD boards I've demoed. ) I didn't buy
it because it wasn't the board I was looking for. It was
too close in volume/performance to what I already had.
At 180lbs, I could uphaul and slog it, but it wasn't
much fun.

- If you're looking for a Coyote board at around 100 liters
I don't think you could do much better than a mutant. It
was by far the most fun board to sail that I demoed last summer.

- Booker C. Bense