Re: Signing off and a new archive

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Jan 09 1998 - 17:43:20 PST

Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 17:43:20 -0800 (PST)
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Signing off and a new archive

> - If you don't have a volunteer to take over the wind-talk
> archive, I'd be willing. I have archives of it for at least
> a year or so. It'd take me a little while to get all the bits
> in place for searching it.

Packrat that I am, I have squirrled away everything that has ever been
said on wind_talk; you can retrieve these files (one per year) via
e-mail from the listserv archive. I also have weather data going back
to 1992, should anyone be interested, though it is not in the archive.

My problem is that HP won't allow our web pages to do any active things
like search functions due to security concerns. So I'm afraid that a
good searchable archive still needs to be at someone else's site.
Perhaps you can get Jack's HTML and perl scripts for the existing pages
(new address j.greenbaum@computer.org-DeleteThis).

"I'm only paranoid because everybody's against me."
                                    -- Major Frank Burns, 4077 MASH