JAWS

From: TWavo (TWavo@aol.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Dec 29 1997 - 22:32:10 PST

From: TWavo <TWavo@aol.com-DeleteThis>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 01:32:10 EST
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: JAWS

Santa was good. Today I just received my copy of Jaws by Blue Max shipped over from Hawaii. Outrageous and inspiring! The photography tells the story along with some good anecdotes from the esteemed watermen. The book is focussed on the awesome reality created by that one break and how it affects the sacred elite that challenge that wave. If you can get your eyes on one check it out! My only question is, " Where are the waterwomen?" Well, maybe next year. My big wave was mast and a half at outers Kanaha two winters ago. I was deeply impressed and everything changed, like, seeking the biggest wave wasn't all that important after all. It was humbling and exhilirating making most of the so called important things in my life seem somewhat insignificant. All that happened on a Hawaiin 12' wave with a 20'+ face. The waves that these watermen are taking on at Jaws are up to 25' with 50' faces. BIG difference. ƒ it out! T. O