XMAS Eve Sailing? Looks like another day for Rio

From: steve shugart (steves@stealth.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Dec 24 1997 - 08:10:41 PST

From: steve shugart <steves@stealth.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: XMAS Eve Sailing? Looks like another day for Rio
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis (_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 97 8:10:41 PST
Full-Name: steve shugart
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]

The sacramento report sounds just like the ones for last thurs, sun and
monday. It is already blowing about 14 at Sherman. If it picks up to 20+,
I'm outta here. High tide is at 12:30 or so, not that I even noticed the
tides when it was averaging 30.

Hey all you wind junkies, Thanks for all the great tips and advise, over the
years. On Sunday I was asked to go rescue someone at Windy cove, because no
one else could handle the conditions, The guy was way down decker island in
an ebb. Because of this forum I was ready, and went to the guy, luckily only
his top haul had busted and we were able to fix it. But with all this knowledge
I feel prepared to actually help someone, rather than become another statistic.

Thanks Ken and Happy Holidays to all, if I don't see you at Windy Cove today

Steve Shugart
steves@stealth.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis