Crissy Yesterday

From: Leo J. Bragagnolo (ljb@eqe.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Oct 07 1997 - 11:05:24 PDT

From: "Leo J. Bragagnolo" <ljb@eqe.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@jr.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 10:05:24 PST
Subject: Crissy Yesterday
Cc: NSD1@pge.com-DeleteThis

This e-mail is more of a thank-you to my wife than anything. We had
a Doctor's appointment yesterday - she's pregnant and we had to go in
for the amnio procedure, whereby the Doctor sticks a long needle into
her body to pull out amniotic fluid for lab tests. Not major, but
not a lot of fun either.

Well, the appointment was at 1:15 at Cal Pacific Med Center, which
happens to be near Crissy. So, as delicately as possible, I mention
swinging by the house (we live in SF) before heading to the Doctor's
to load up the gear. I, of course, explained that if she was not up
to it, we could head home after the procedure and skip Crissy.
However, she also knew that I had just bought a new (demo) board
(Mistral Screamer 263) a couple of weeks ago and haven't been able
to sail it yet. Unfair pressure? Maybe.

Unbelieveably, we spent only 5 minutes sitting in the waiting room
before being called in, and breezed through the procedure in about
an hour. I was rigging at Crissy by 3. It was blowing so hard a
few people never got out of their cars - just sat and watched the
chaos. I rigged my smallest sail (4.0) and headed out, hoping I
wouldn't wack the nose of the board with my boom.

Had a great time. Caught some big jumps, which my wife actually
witnessed, and made most of my jibes. The board was very fun, jibed
well, and handled the messy chop like a dream. No pearling! I
couldn't help wondering whether or not it will be able to handle a
6.0 like my old Stinger could. Might have to keep both of them.

Leo
(170#, Screamer 263, Windwing Convertible 4.0)

P.S. Thanks babe

Leo J. Bragagnolo, P.E.
Group Manager
EQE International