Re[2]: Broken Mast

From: RRUBIANO@raychem.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon Sep 22 1997 - 11:32:13 PDT

From: RRUBIANO@raychem.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 11:32:13 -0700
Subject: Re[2]: Broken Mast
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

What makes towing somebody so difficult? Should the the tow board be a floater?

The reason I ask is I sail at 3rd on a large Fanatic Snake (335cm, ~220liters)
and although not suited well for the chop, works well on the inside. I have not
seen anyone else sail on a board that size at 3rd. Can a board this size prove
more useful in bringing somebody back in than a shortboard would? I wasn't
there yesterday but in future incidents and I am there, I can offer my board to
help bring somebody in (assuming floatier boards work better than more nimble
ones).

Opinions?

-Rodrigo