RE: Reports.....

From: Nick Rayner (Nick_Rayner@Trimble.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Sep 17 1997 - 15:41:00 PDT

From: Nick Rayner <Nick_Rayner@Trimble.COM-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: Reports.....
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 15:41:00 -0700

Justin grodon wrote:

> Well, since the beginning of August, Crissy Field has been sailable in
>
> the late afternoon till dark *EVERY* single day with the exception of
> last Sunday (rain) and a couple of other days in between.
>
> For example, yesterday blew a solid 7.8 for me until 15 minutes after
> sunset.

Wow, that was you was it. I was taking a visitor for a walk across the
GG last night and spent some time watching a windsurfer sailing until
well after sunset. In fact there were 2 sailors but one headed back
earlier.

Very impressive! Crusing back and forth - it looked smooth. I kept
hoping you head in before the wind died completely. I wouldn't have been
game to be out there so late, but it sounds like you had the right gear.

Where did you sail from? It must have been a long grovel back at the
end.

N.

Nick Rayner
email: nick_rayner@trimble.com-DeleteThis