Re: How is Pistol River in mid-late September?

From: Gib Cooper (bambugib@harborside.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Sep 04 1997 - 11:36:47 PDT

To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
From: bambugib@harborside.com-DeleteThis (Gib Cooper)
Subject: Re: How is Pistol River in mid-late September?
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 11:36:47 -0700

> I've been considering going up to Pistol River in a couple of weeks.
> Does anyone know how the conditions are in mid-late September? Is it
> likely to be better than the coast around here? How cold is the water?

Wind has been fluky in August with little hope for the fringe month of
September. Water temperature has been vergibg on to 70 F. Albacore are
running 25 miles out. Marlin are biting. We went bodysurfing on Labor Day
w/o wetsiuts. Went 2 X's for 1/2 hr each session. Bikinis on the beach.

If this is what El Nino means. Let's have more of it.

Gib Cooper
Tradewinds Surf Shop
(We are closing the surf/windsurf dept. All inventory is reduced 20% to
cost. No sails or booms left. Have NoLimitz masts, Streamlined bases,
DaKine fixed harness lines. Will ship UPS, no sales tax, VISA,MC,Disc. AmX
accepted. Call or email for more info)

Gib Cooper
TRADEWINDS BAMBOO NURSERY
28446 Hunter Creek Loop