Re: weekend

From: Bob Galvan (kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Sep 01 1997 - 10:49:56 PDT

Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 10:49:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: Bob Galvan <kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis>
To: mcneil <windsurf@metro.net-DeleteThis>
Cc: Wind Talkers <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: weekend

On Sun, 31 Aug 1997, mcneil wrote:

> Did you sail Crissy and/Waddell,Davenport this weekend? We didn't go Sat.
> because the kids wanted to see "Leave it to Beaver"! They really liked it!
> Mike G. sailed Crissy Sat. and raved about 8-10ft swells. He was on a 4.5m2
> for "6hrs"!! We went back to Waddell today and I was able to see Chris
> Collins in action. In just a few minutes she caught so many waves, every
> trip inside was on a wave. She would ride upwind-up, up, up-while looking
> down the line, and perfectly time a cut back, down the line, swoop up and
> smack the lip. She did it dozens of times and made it look so simple. She
> was on a 5.2naish and a little glass board. She left and the wind picked up.
> I was on a 4.3spid.,8'4"clam, Chris on a 5.2spid.,9ftold fashioned slalom
> dog, Mike on a 5.0grid.,f2. Jeff Broffman and Jim Carroll came as well.
> Bodega locals in force. It was extremely crowded and I ended up sailing
> just down of the channel. I tried sailing where the waves were the most
> evident, out front, only to find guys on either side of me on every single
> wave I was lucky enough to catch!! Still had a great time and managed a few
> weak down the line attempts. I can't wait to try and learn some more. We
> saw 62 guys out surfing Linda Marr!!!! Annie

Saturday Godsey invited me to Waddell. I was planing on that anyway, and
went. Crissy was raging as I crossed the bridge, and Godsey didn't answer
his cell phone. Onward. Waddell was packed to overflowing, toll booth
operational. Onward. Lucked into a good parking spot at Dport, rigged
5.3/8'8. Just as I finished rigging, clouds came over, wind dropped a bit
and 2/3 of the crowd came in with their 4.5s. I was well powered, even
came in for more downhaul. Rob soon came out, Schiebels were out, then
Jackson and finally Jonah at 6pm. The hot items there are now solid color
boards and low altitude back loops. Waves were small and not very well
formed, but we had our fun... Had a beer with TeamSC as Lady Di's golden
sunset dazzled our eyes.

Sunday took Chris to Bodega, suggested Tony and Anna do the same. It was
great. I actually got to sail WITH my wife! I'd sail behind her, then
pass and sail in front, trying to show her where/how to correct her
stance. Then we'd flop in and talk about it. Water 1-2 feet deep every
where, wind 18-20 and steady. Skates showing their wingtips all over
the place. We had a 6.2 and a 5.3 rigged. Chris used the big sail early,
the smaller one later. Dominskis made it and had a good time too, after
stopping at Boardsports for new weed fin for Anna's new Xantos. You Gotta
have weed fins for Blodega! Had excellent drinks and seafoods at The Tides.

kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis