Re: Has Anyone Sailed Lately?

From: Edward W. Scott (shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Aug 25 1997 - 17:15:34 PDT

Subject: Re: Has Anyone Sailed Lately?
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 97 17:15:34 -0700
From: "Edward W. Scott" <shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis>
To: "Wind Talk" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>

I concur in what Pierre and others have said about 3rd, however, it's hit
or miss depending on tides, wind direction, your equipment, etc...

The coast has been happening the last couple of days. Check the WWW site
or Ken's reports for more accurate readings on Natural Bridges (CotW
always reads about 13-15 when it's really in the mid 20's there), and it
tends to be better on a SW flow imho than the Bay. Yesterday, after
breaking my big 460 mast for my 5.4 (yep, that was me guys :( )in the
surf, I sailed well-powered on my 4.9 from 4-6. Slogged to the outside
and through the kelp, though. Nice rampage on the outside. Sometimes,
Davenport and Natural Bridges go off when Waddell (the sensor reads high
there) reads 21 and guys are underpowered on mid-5's.

Oh, and yeah the ocean is unusually warm right now. Don't ask me why,
but I don't think El Nino has made it this far north, yet. No brain
ice-cream freeze yesterday.

-Ed