Re[2]: El Nino

From: Geoffrey Boehm (Geoffrey.Boehm@ccsmtp.wj.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Aug 21 1997 - 10:52:01 PDT

Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 10:52:01 -0700
From: Geoffrey.Boehm@ccsmtp.wj.com-DeleteThis (Geoffrey Boehm)
Subject: Re[2]: El Nino
To: Multiple recipients of list <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>, "Salmon; Michael" <michael.salmon@cplc.com-DeleteThis>

     On TV last night, they were saying how El Nino can cause an extremely
     wet winter in the Southwestern US. High pressure in Arizona sounds
     like a dry winter, so based on this flimsy chain of logic, El Norte
     would be weak.

     One other thought - I have lived here 7 years, and the first few years
     SEEMED really good - they were drought years. Then, it got wet, and
     the wind seemed to decline. Others told me drought=good wind. After
     the torrential December, last winter was extremely dry. This year (at
     least until about a month ago) had incredibly good wind (at least on
     the coast where I sail). So - if it's wet this winter, next season
     doesn't look good.