Several reports and blood in the bay

From: Zeev Gur (Zeev_Gur%PEOPLESOFT@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Aug 05 1997 - 09:50:27 PDT

From: "Zeev Gur"<Zeev_Gur%PEOPLESOFT@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@jr.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Cc: "Michael Imperiale"<Michael_Imperiale%PEOPLESOFT@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 09:50:27 -0700
Subject: Several reports and blood in the bay

7/31 - Sherman access road, evening session. Nicely
powered on 5.7/8'8" (202#). Finally nailed my port side
duck jibes. Sailed until too dark to see shore. Ran into
a 'coast' friend at sherman, TWavo.

8/1 - Sherman access road, morning session. Light wind,
worked on short board taking/helitacks/light wind water
starts/clew first sailing/pivot jibes.......

8/3 - Sherman access road, late morning session. Got
there around 9:30 am, wind still blowing. Joani went out
on 5.2 and was flying around the river until about 11. After
the wind backed off around 11:30, Joani worked on tacking.
At 12:30 I worked on freestyle stuff, and at 1:30 the wind
picked up. I was nicely powered on 5.7/9'6". The flood made
for fun flat water reaches and very satisfying jibes.

8/3 - Pt. Isabella - on the way home from Rio, we noticed that the
fog bank was setting up pretty good. Decided to swing
by Costco to pick us some brew and see if it is blowing. Sure
enough, people were on flying across the water. I decided
to go out on 5.7/8'8". In my frenzy to get session #2, I
forgot to put on my booties - too many delta days you see.
Right before I did my beach start to go out, I felt a sharp
but manageable pain in my right big toe. For the first 30
minutes I was focused on getting upwind, so I did not notice
the fact that my board is covered in BLOOD. Cool looking
new graphics on my old board..............next thought.....good
thing that I am no at Waddell........chumming......
how long can I sail before I get too dizzy from blood loss....
hmmm, I wonder in bay water is good for open wounds.......
The bleeding stopped in the next 30 minutes and I continued
 to have a great 2 hr session, with some really nice port swells.

The injury:
I have a 4 inch gash in my big toe, it hurts like all heck, and I
can't sail for at least.......24 hours ;-) My mom, who works
for a doctor, made the "no stitches needed" call, and proceeded
to clean, remove glass, put on plastic suters/bandage on
my foot and Joani supplied a constant stream of Sierra
Nevada's which melted the rest of the fading daylight into
a pleasant haze......