Wed at crissy and ABK Alumn camp report

From: justin@infoscape.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon Jul 14 1997 - 08:19:31 PDT

From: justin@infoscape.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 97 08:19:31 -0700
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis, amir.khosrowshahi@gs.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Wed at crissy and ABK Alumn camp report

Last Wed at Crissy was one of the windiest days I've ever seen at
Crissy. The pager was averaging over 30 with gusts in the 50s and that
is the way it felt on the water. I was fully powered on a 4.7. There
were lots of nice ramps.

ABK Alumn camp was awesome. Andy Brandt and the rest of the crew do an
amazing job. If you haven't been, you don't know what you are missing.

The wind was pretty ho-hum. Most of the sailing sessions I was powered
on my 7.8 North IQ and my 9'6 ASD slalom board. I wanted to work on my
racing skills, especially tacking, so that combo worked out well.

Some of the time we practiced free-style long board sailing. That is
actually more fun than it looks.

Alumn camp really works out well if you've already been to a camp. We
spent much more time on the water and the lectures don't repeat all
the basics.

Bye.

Justin