Re: Genius Pager

From: steve shugart (steves@malik.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Jul 08 1997 - 15:34:36 PDT

From: steve shugart <steves@malik.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Genius Pager
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 97 15:34:36 PDT
Full-Name: steve shugart
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]

> I'm trying to decide if I should upgrade to a Genius pager. I
> remember a while ago hearing that they eat batteries. Is that
> still the case? What size batteries do they use? Anyone regret
> upgrading/not upgrading?
>
> thanks,
> -jon

My battery last about 2 weeks, compared to the expense of fuel, broken
equipment, time off work, retribution gifts to my wife for being gone
during spring and early summer it is a minor expense. The batteries are still
good for other use, they are AAA.

The Genius pager functionality is so much better than the old one, so I
don't reqret upgrading. I have had a few problems with the pager itself that
Jim at COTW has fixed for free. I haven't had any problems with my latest one.

Whether to upgrade or not probably depends on your budget and thrist for
information. The graphical display and forecast quench my thrist. Keep in
mind I drive from Sacramento to the coast, so I need information on the
fly.

Steve
steves@malik.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis