Weekend of Windsurfing

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk_69@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Jul 07 1997 - 08:41:48 PDT

Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 08:41:48 -0700
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk_69@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Weekend of Windsurfing

Headed out Thursday at 1PM for Sherman Island - Power Lines.

---Thurs 7/3 Powerlines
Wind was decent 6.2/285 at 5PM and was SOLID 5.6/285 by 7PM for me
(230#). A bit light at times for me on a board that doesn't float me...
I sailed about 3 hrs with only a quick break to rig my 5.6. I love
sailing Sherman where I can keep multiple sails rigged!

KenF started on 5.3/8'8" and quit at 8:30 on 4.5/8'4"

Sandy started on 5.3"/8'6" and just flattened her sail when it came up
and was still hitting jibes!

---Fri 7/4 Powerlines
Light wind at dawn but it built.
Sandy sailed her Flat 5.3/8'6" until noon when she had to leave. Ken
was on 5.3/8'8 and 4.5/8'4" most of the day and I was on both the 9'6"
and 285 boards with 6.2 and 5.6 sails. I managed 5 hrs of board time!

---Sat 7/5 Powerlines
Best winds were Sat. I got in about 4 hrs with same gear and was really
in a grove the last hr on my 5.6/285 where I was coming out of some
jibes with speed AND landing some little jumps. One guy was throwing
loops on just about every starboard reach which inspired me for my last
hr to sail fast! Scary up there where you really need speed to handle
the conditions and the crowds don't allow for much room for errors. I
found it best to let some sail themselves out and then go out and sail
when it wasn't as crowded. Since it blew all day, getting enough was
not a problem. Quit at noon as 4 hrs was more than enough for day 3.

---Sun 7/6 Coyote Pt
Went to demo Naish NOA sails. Very up n down. Tried 2 times to get out
on 6.5/285 and had to swim back. Finially put 6.5 on my 9'6" and went
out and found the NOA's work. THey are 7 batten RAF sails shaped like a
modern race sail. Great low end, jibe like an RAF and they handle being
OP'd. Bought a 5.5 and 6.5. Hard to tell just how much I'll like these
as I am so used to 3-camber inducer race sails.

-----------------------------------
Now I have my 5.6, 6.2 and 6.9 Sailworks 3 Camber Inducer Syncros for
sale. 5.6 and 6.9 are in good condition with the 6.2 showing some wear
and 2 pathches on monofilm. Still deciding on price but email me if
interested. I just want to move them so a reasonable offer will take
them. I'm willing to sell the masts though the masts are supposed to
work with my new sails. I plan to get a new/used cambered 7.4 Race
Sail after I sell these.

Kirk out

 http://www.netcom.com/~kirk_69/home.html
 http://www.netcom.com/~kirk_69/Finance.html