Re: What to Do?

From: Michael Worobec (mike@previewsoft.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Jul 02 1997 - 09:10:12 PDT

Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 09:10:12 -0700
From: Michael Worobec <mike@previewsoft.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: What to Do?

Dennis:

I'd recommend focusing only on the carve. Forget the sail for a few
jibes. It might be the rough water that gives you the problems, so try
leaving your forward foot in the footstrap, moving your rear foot to the
other side, lower your body, and push down on the inside, lift up on the
outside strap. Commit your body to the carve.

A technique that works for me - I sail as fast as I can, jump as much as
I can, and when I finally wipe out, I swim the board around and water
start in the other direction. No videos for this technique, though. I
learned it on my own.

Mike