Re: Wankers?

From: Jim Paugh (James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Jun 18 1997 - 11:01:19 PDT

Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 11:01:19 -0700
From: James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis (Jim Paugh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Wankers?

This is my take on the logic behind this, and I think it should be
considered a general rule for 3rd Ave.

The parking lot is tight and always crowded on windy day. It's tough
enough pulling in and out of the parking spots (esp with full-sized
vans) without having to dodge somebody's 6.0m race sail rigged and
sitting behind there car. Leaving _any_ equipment, board or sail,
behind your car unattended is just asking for someone to back over it.
We have a huge rigging area, covered in very friendly gravel. Please,
please use it.

If you're inclined to sail from the cove/beach, rig in the dirt strip,
outside of the parking lot. But stay out of the bike path when doing
this.

Which, by the way, everyone should remember that the asphalt path is a
bike trail. Keep it clear. If your walking your rig along the path,
walk on the leeward side, carrying your rig so that it's clear of the
path.

~Jim Paugh