Sunday Report?

From: Scott Winkler (stwinkle@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Jun 17 1997 - 14:35:41 PDT

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 14:35:41 -0700
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
From: Scott Winkler <stwinkle@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Sunday Report?

After drooling over the reports of Thursday/Friday (and yes, I was out of
town...)
I was determined to log some sailing time over the weekend. Saturday didn't
go off in any geographically appropriate spots, but Sunday showed Crissy
blowing, so off I went. Arrived at the St.Francis Yacht club and rigged
6.3, 8'11" ASD Renegade and planed out to the middle of the Bay. The wind
backed off and I slogged back, got carried downwind in a suprisingly strong
flood and was treated to a climb over the sea-wall, aided by some kind
tourists. Undetered by the experience, I threw gear on/in my car and
drove down to Candlestick, sweltering in my wetsuit. It was a little bit
windier there, so I threw up the same sail, and hit the water, really toasty
by now after down-hauling the prisma! Planed out, almost over-powered,
then the wind backed off, and it's slog-city again. Kept slogging for the
next 45 minutes, figuring that a. it was good upper body exercise, b. it
might get windy. B didn't happen, so back to the "beach" to hang out for
a bit, fully expecting some neon-jacketed, helmetted rental type to drop
a fin on my sail just to round out the day. Whatever happened to windy
weekends around here?
Scott Winkler
415 917-9674
Mobile: (415) 640-3942