Thurs @ Coyote...

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk_69@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Jun 13 1997 - 15:24:45 PDT

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 15:24:45 -0700
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk_69@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Thurs @ Coyote...

Maybe this got lost this AM as it was too early for the server? I KNOW
that it is too early for Ken.....8-)

anyway, I'm trying again.

Subject: Re: WIND_TALK digest 600
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 05:31:28 -0700
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk_69@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis>
         To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

I sailed Coyote Pt for about an hour on my 4.1/8'8" RKT. 3:15 to maybe
4:30. I really could have used a 3.3 . My expert friend Scott, maybe
160#, was on his 3.3 with the bottom batton removed to make it
2-something and he didn't last long either but he was sailing well. The
gusts were reporting at 55MPH! I could sail starboard just fine where
it was fun surfing on the rollers. Port was another story where the
rollers were huge, steep flood chop that I had to mostly arm sail to
keep going slow and not get airborn when sailing out. I think a 3.3
would have made things alot easier, but the lulls would have been harder
to deal with too. A few on 3.0's like Scott were actually making jibes
in the mess!

COTW shows it was gusting at the Coyote sensor to OVER 50MPH between
1:30 and 4:30. This much wind is fine in flat water like San Luis or
Pillar Pt, but was not at all fun for me at Coyote going out. I think I
will NOT buy a 3.3 and let others have these days (flood tide and over
50MPH) in the future. Gravel swept up off the parking lot was stinging
against my legs and I'm sure was sandblasting the cars! We need a wind
offering so we get the next day like this with an ebb....

Kirk 230#

 http://www.netcom.com/~kirk_69/home.html
 http://www.netcom.com/~kirk_69/Finance.html
 http://www.5top.com/5top.cfm/Investing  --->  FREE Information!