Re: 3rd Ave cleanup and sandbags

From: Randy Anderson (randy52@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Jun 06 1997 - 19:03:16 PDT

Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 21:03:16 -0500 (CDT)
From: randy52@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis (Randy Anderson)
Subject: Re: 3rd Ave cleanup and sandbags
To: James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis (Jim Paugh)
Cc: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

You wrote:

>Hi Randy,
>
>There's been a lot of questions at 3rd lately as to what is going to
>happen this Saturday at the cleanup. The ramp obviously needs some
>work, and the big question on everybody's mind is "are there going to
>be sandbags and sand" this Saturday? Do you (we/SFBA) have any
sandbags
>left from previous years, or is there budget to buy some? Some of us
>have talked in the past about putting a cement mix in the sandbags,
and
>given their quick disintegration the last couple of years, it's
>sounding like a good alternative.
>
>I know that you've been pressuring F.C. to install concrete ramps, but
>I would guess that that's not likely to happen this season. So doing
>what we can to fix the ramp this Saturday isn't likely to impede
future
>ramp construction.
>
>Let me know your thoughts on this and I'll pass them along, or post
>them to wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com.-DeleteThis
>
>Thanks,
>
>~Jim
>_

Jim and others: Sorry I'm late getting back on this. No, we don't
have any more sandbags, and I wasn't planning on more gravel this year.
I was assuming we would work with the concrete sidewalk chunks that are
in the area to the right beyond the foot of the ramp. They are a
hazard where they are now anyway. An idea I wanted to try is to build
some steps by fitting smaller rocks into the big rocks to the right of
the ramp.

Randy Anderson, SFBA