RE: PCS cell phones (was renters insurance)

From: Armas, Earl A (PB-eaarmas) (EAARMAS@msg.PacBell.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Jun 06 1997 - 13:33:21 PDT

From: "Armas, Earl A (PB-eaarmas)" <EAARMAS@msg.PacBell.COM-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: PCS cell phones (was renters insurance)
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 13:33:21 -0700

Im not sure how we got off track here but here is some more info:

* The pager is the same number as the PCS phone number. If you call the
PCS number, it will ask you to leave either a message (answering
machine)
or "hit 2" to leave a numeric page. The phone does not have to be on
for
either of these two services to occur. However, when you turn on your
phone
and have a page "in the queue", you will be notified.

* I was at Lake Isabella two weekends ago and was able to use my PCS
phone
with no problems in Bakersfield.

* BTW, the first minute of every in-coming call is free!

* The rate is $.20 (TWENTY) cents per minute regardless if it is peak or
non-peak times
  if you call within 510,415,408, and 707(?). Outside this plan, its an
additional $.15
  (FIFTEEN) cents on top of the .20.

Earl