Re: Thurs @ Davenport - big waves/wind

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Jun 06 1997 - 07:46:15 PDT

Sender: kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 07:46:15 -0700
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Thurs @ Davenport - big waves/wind

Same can be said for Coyote Pt.
left work early, got new boom at ASD, then was on water around 2:30ish
5.6/285 then smaller board then smaller sail.

Me, 230#, board 8'8" RKT with slotted wave fin, sail 4.6 Revolution
(Wave)
4.1 would have been more than enough way outside...
Gusts....BIG...!!!
Lulls.....even bigger...8-(
Liquid smoke blowing tops off waves.
Waves were messy close in and smoother outside, but didn't spend alot of
time too far out after the last two sessions on my 8'8" I:
1) wrecked my shoulder for a month of no sailing
2) Broke a boom Sunday and luckily got in from 2 miles out.
Parking lot at 5:45 when I left was less than half full. Most humbled
or just got their wind fix in only an hr of sailing.

Zeev Gur wrote:

> No one was complaining that there was not
> enough wind. As a matter of fact, some people
> felt that the waves were all "bumpy" because
> it was too windy.
>
> I had a great time on 4.8/8'5"(207#) - on the outside a 4.3
> would have been plenty. The upper break was
> nice - lower part looked awesome also, did not
> go there.
>
> Every time that I go wave sailing I am humbled
> at how much I have to learn. I love this sport....

"Wavesailing: A hole in the water you shred money into."
-Kirk Lindstrom 4/25/97

ASD epoxy: 8'8" & 9' RKT & 9'6" no-nose CS, F2 Xantos285
Wt 230#, Ht. 6'0", Usually sail on SF Bay, Cailf.
kirk_lindstrom@sj.hp.com-DeleteThis