Re: Attention Windsurfers; SBSA Update

From: Leo J. Bragagnolo (ljb@eqe.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Apr 15 1997 - 14:37:01 PDT

From: "Leo J. Bragagnolo" <ljb@eqe.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 13:37:01 PST
Subject: Re: Attention Windsurfers; SBSA Update

Duane,

I found your info on fecal coliform counts in the bay is very
interesting and comforting -thanks very much for the post. One point
of clarification, though. I interpret the data to mean the coliform
count is very low: 2-3 MPN/100ml versus an objective of 200MPN/100ml.
 Is this conclusion correct? I guess what threw me off is the
statement

"The results from the Bay remain way below the water quality
objectives."

Usually, "below" an objective means not reaching an objective.

One further question: How bad does it get during the winter rains?
Several years ago I heard a talk given by someone from Save San
Francisco Bay or a similar organization where he recommended not
sailing in the Bay for at least two weeks after heavy rains because
of contamination. Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Leo Bragagnolo

P.S. What does SBSA stand for?

Leo J. Bragagnolo, P.E.