Ankor it ?

From: JOHRINER@worldnet.att.net-DeleteThis
Date: Mon Apr 14 1997 - 23:59:21 PDT

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 23:59:21 -0700
From: JOHRINER@worldnet.att.net-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Cc: JOHRINER@worldnet.att.net-DeleteThis
Subject: Ankor it ?

<<I suggested either getting his
stuff on the board or ditching it>>

Way to go ED. You are to be commended for saving this guy even though at
times you probably felt like letting him drift. You made quick judgements
and thats what it takes when the sun is setting.

Regarding ditching the rig; I was talking with Bob G. about this yesterday
and thought about the possibility of keeping an inflatable buoy or strong
balloon to tie on your rig so the chances of finding it would be tipped in
one's favor. Maybe a brightly colored buoy or balloon would also be a good
aid for search endeavors.

TD
From: Jeff

An idea to ponder an maybe see used? The sail rig if it does not sink or is
just below the surface could be marked with the brightly colered bouy.

And I also wondered if a line and ankor to keep your stuff for you to come
and get would be possible. If this all is not getting too bulky or heavy and
could be done, I'd like to know.

If some one was going to want to ankor their board with or with out thier
rig, so that some one could find them in the same place, would that also
be of use.

Just kicking it around!