Re: More rescue experience

From: JOHRINER@worldnet.att.net-DeleteThis
Date: Mon Apr 14 1997 - 14:04:43 PDT

Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 14:04:43 -0700
From: JOHRINER@worldnet.att.net-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Cc: JOHRINER@worldnet.att.net-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: More rescue experience

FROM: JEFF

THANKS KASPLASH, YOUR INFOMATION ON FCC CONFIRMED AN ADDITIONALLY
                 IT MIGHT BE POSSIBLE TO GET PARTIAL REFUND ON LIC.

I CALLED FCC THIS AFTERNOON AND FOUND OUT THE SCOUP ON FCC LICENSE.
I CALLED FCC WIRELESS COMMUNICATION NUMBER 18003221117.
I STATED THAT I WANTED TO KNOW IF A VHF MARINE RADIO FOR PLEASURE
BOATERS REQUIRES A FCC LICENSE.

THEY SAID AS LONG AS I HAVE ONLY ONE VHF TRANCIVER AND NO OTHER TUNABLE
TRANSMITTING DEVICES THAT THERE IS NO LICENCE REQUIRED.

ALSO SORRY ABOUT THE MISTAKE I WROTE: SPENT $110.00 FOR TEN YEAR LIC.
IT WAS ACTUALLY AT THE TIME I PURCHASED MY FCC LIC $115.00 TEN YEARS.

THANKS TO YOUR INFO AND CALLING FCC, I FOUND OUT YOU CAN GET A PRO-RATED
REFUND FOR WHAT YOU HAVE LEFT TIL YOU FCC LIC EXPIRES.
I WAS TOLD TO DO THIS WRITE CANCEL ON FCC LIC AN RETURN. AFTER THAT THEY
WERE A BIT SHORT ON MORE INFO.
IN ANY CASE, IF SOMEONE ELSE IS DOING THIS I SUGGEST MAKE COPIES AND
SEND REGISTERED WITH RETURN RECIPT WITH SIGNATURE REQUIRED.

ANYONE ACUALLY HAVE GOVERMENT RETURN THEM A CHECK FOR BALANCE AS ABOVE?

ALSO ANYONE WINDSURFED @ REFUGIO STATE BEACH SOUTHERN CA.

JEFF