Re: Holding the board

From: Charles Clark (charles_clark@radixtek.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Apr 10 1997 - 22:03:56 PDT

Date: 11 Apr 1997 13:03:56 U
From: "Charles Clark" <charles_clark@radixtek.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Holding the board
To: "netcomsv.netcom.com!opus.hpl.h"@netcom.com

<netcomsv.netcom.com!opus.hpl.hp.com!wind_talk>

        Reply to: RE>Holding the board
I've had similar experiences (sail landing on the board, and the whole thing
getting blown away from me), and once it did get completely away; I had to swim
back to shore. The sail would get flipped over by the wind, the board would
swing around, then the sail would flip over again, etc. and it just scooted away
from me - it was immediately evident I had no hope of catching up. Fortunately,
that happened in So. Cal. (Cabrillo Beach, outside) so I wasn't in any particular
danger of hypothermia. I was pretty tired of swimming when I finally got back,
though. (The board washed up onto shore long before I did.)