Friday Tuba session

From: Bob Galvan (kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Sat Apr 05 1997 - 10:44:28 PST

Date: Sat, 5 Apr 1997 10:44:28 -0800 (PST)
From: Bob Galvan <kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis>
To: Wind Talkers <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Friday Tuba session

Damn it was good!

4.2 - 4.7 depending on body size, made upwind leg in 30 minutes to find
2' rights zipping 100 yards on velvet ripples. Perfectly powered,
steady wind, 8'2/wave fin. Had it to myself for a half hour.
When the rest of the crew started to arrive, the wind picked up a bit,
chopping the water a little and and slamming some jibes. I went in to
downhaul and drink a V8 - Much better. More sailors showed up, including
the Boyd and the Dean, Brian, Tony, and Dave. About 5:30 the wind
strted backing off a bit, and the water got super smooth again. I
undownhauled, and sent it deep at 6. The rest followed, and we all
slogged safely back.

The bouys have reported 49 degree surface water lately, so this surf ace
went for extra rubber this time. My costume: shorty under an Oasis, 5
mil booties, neoprene headband, sailing gloves, cheap sunglasses, and a
fanny pack with a canned V8, power bar, some string and a screwdriver. I
was nice and toasty. Everyone else was shivering with hurting fingers
and other coldnesses.

Eric Simonson wants to do a photo shoot at Tuba soon, but he can only do
it on a weekend. We could use some high flyers...contact me if you wanna
get shot.

Bob Galvan
kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis